ramanika/രമണിക/रमणिका

Monday, June 1, 2009

school days

The schools are being re opened today. On my way to office I could see lot of children waiting anxiously for the school vehicle. My mind went back in lightening speed some decades back. Now I could see myself holding new bag, umbrella and walking with my brother to the near by primary school. My brother was talking to his friends and all of them were sharing the events happened in the vacation . All of them were in a happy frame of mind. But I was not so. I felt sorry for leaving all my play things at home and going to the school. Reaching half way stage to the school I started crying and insisted to go back. But my brother cheered me up by giving a chocolate and promising me this & that. I entered the temple of learning, cursing my brother and weeping. Frankly I must say that I was forcefully put into the class room. All the students were in the same mood -sad &angry there!. But with in minutes the atmosphere changed. The class teacher was very pleasing in appearance and too composed she tried various tricks to change the mood of the class. she asked our names and drew some birds on the board. but these were of no use. she then started to tell a story and this did the trick! Everyone was deeply involved in it and teacher could sense this. when she finished the story we all became her fans! There after going to school was like going for an outing. My school was with in walking distance Lot of friends used to be with me in the walking (really it was running!) which hardly took 5 minutes. The school started only at 10.00 but we all used to be there by 9.15 Playing foot ball, ring and finishing home works all took place in between. Drinking water from the well in the school premises is still green in my memory Drinking water with your hands directly from the bucket is an experience! I must say that the present generation definitely misses this and many. There were seven periods in a day divided into two sessions 4 in the morning and 3 in the afternoon. There were no frequent exams or tests that time Exams were fixed prior to all vacations. And this would add charm to the vacation mood.
I have reached my office now but my mind does not comeback from the golden days!

7 comments:

  1. school reopens today
    my mind goes back to the first days in school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. കുക്കു,
    thanks for the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was really interesting to read your memories.

    "Drinking water with your hands directly from the bucket is an experience"

    This line recalls lot of sweet moments from my school days!! ;))

    ReplyDelete
  4. വശംവദൻ
    really tankful to you for the very valuable comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "കുടിവെള്ളം ബക്കറ്റില്‍ നിന്ന് നേരിട്ട് എടുക്കുന്ന" ആ പഴയ സ്കൂള്‍ ദിനങ്ങള്‍....
    നല്ല ഓര്‍മ്മപ്പെടുത്തലായി..
    സ്കൂളിന്‍റെ പേര് കൂടി ചേര്‍ക്കാമായിരുന്നു...

    സ്നേഹത്തോടെ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. ഷാജു
    thanks for visiting the page and offering your comments
    i studied in J U P S PANTHALOOR, IN THRISSUR DISTRICT.

    ReplyDelete